The purpose of the Canadian Bobath Instructors Association is to
- Develop, organize and instruct high quality, standardized Canadian Bobath Courses in the assessment and treatment of adults with lesions of the central nervous system.
- To coordinate, organize and implement courses offered by CBIA across Canada.
- To ensure all Canadian Bobath courses taught by CBIA Instructors meet specific standards of practice and are evaluated individually.
- To teach Basic and Advanced Bobath courses consistent with the bylaws, rules and regulations of the International Bobath Instructors Training Association (hereby known as IBITA).
- Facilitate personal and professional development of all CBIA Instructors.
- Develop and implement a Canadian Bobath Instructor Association Instructor Training Program consistent with the rules and policies of IBITA.
- Provide support and guidance in the development of research questions specific to the Bobath Concept.