An Introduction to the Bobath Concept for the Health Care Worker. A two day specialty course.
Course participants will gain a basic understanding of the fundamental principles of the Bobath concept in respect of appropriate handling of the hemiplegic upper limb, movement transitions such as transfers, bed mobility and gait, positioning in the wheelchair and bed and dressing and undressing. The course will include lectures, patient demonstration sessions, and human movement practical sessions. Course participants will have the opportunity to practice handling techniques on each other during the practical sessions.
Course participants will gain a basic understanding of the following:
- The fundamental principles of the Bobath concept.
- The role of postural alignment with respect to movement.
- Movement transitions such as transfers, bed mobility and gait.
- Appropriate handling of the hemiplegic upper limb .
- Positioning in the wheelchair and bed.
- Dressing and undressing