- September 14, 2019 - September 15, 2019
8:55 am - 5:00 pm
Please be informed that this course is being held in Calgary.
This two-day introductory course will provide an introduction to core control and its relationship with respect to the development of postural control, balance and selective limb movement. Core control will be introduced from the muscular perspective and the neurophysiology underpinning feedforward control. The course will consist of lectures, patient demonstrations, a clinical reasoning session following the patient demonstration and practical sessions.
The course is open to physiotherapists and occupational therapists.
- To introduce the role of core control with respect to posture and balance
- To gain an understanding of the musculature pertaining to core control
- To introduce the neurophysiology with respect to feedforward control and its relationship to developing core control
- To introduce the relationship between core control and selective limb movements such as reach and locomotion
- To develop the course participants practical skills in the development of core control
Julie Vaughan-Graham PT, PhD
Schedule (14.5 hours excluding breaks)
September 14-15, 2019
A detailed schedule will be posted shortly.
All participants must sign a waiver and a manual handling disclosure to participate in the practical component.
Please wear appropriate clothing for undressing during practical sessions,
e.g. shorts, sports bra.
A certificate cannot be issued if non-attendance to the course is > than 2 hours less than the course schedule.
Lunch is not included in course fees. Coffee, tea and snacks will be provided during breaks.
CBIA Cancellation Policy
A $150 cancellation fee will be charged if the participant cancels up to one month prior to course commencement.
If the participant cancels within one month of course commencement, a refund will only be granted (minus $150 cancellation fee) if the course place is filled by another registrant.
The Canadian Bobath Instructors Association reserves the right to postpone or cancel a course if a minimum number of course registrants is not met. Course registrants are responsible for their travel expenses including changes to bookings, please take the above into consideration when booking flights and/or reserving accommodation.
CBIA reserves the right to substitute CBIA Instructors if any one of them is rendered unable to teach.