May 5, 2023 - May 28, 2023
11:00 am - 8:00 pm
This is an IBITA certified Advanced level Bobath course offered to physiotherapists and occupational therapists in possession of an IBITA recognized Basic Course certificate. In addition to theory, clinical reasoning and practical sessions the Advanced course offers supervised/mentored treatment sessions with patients.
Through patient demonstrations, patient treatment sessions and practical sessions the course participant will gain an opportunity to translate theoretical knowledge into clinical applications to address functional recovery in persons with neurological conditions. The model of Bobath clinical practice will be utilized to explore clinical reasoning at an Advanced level.
- Advanced Course Learning Objectives (PDF)
- Advanced Course Core Curriculum (PDF)
- Bobath Concept – Definition (Webpage)
- Model of Bobath Clinical Practice (Webpage)
15-day Basic IBITA/CBIA/NDTA Bobath course.
(3 days): Friday 5 May – Sunday 7 May 2023
(2 days): Saturday 27 May – Sunday 28 May 2023
Neuro-Ability Rehabilitation Services Directions
All participants must sign a waiver and a manual handling disclosure to participate in the practical components.
Please wear appropriate clothing for undressing during practical sessions, e.g. shorts, sports bra.
A certificate cannot be issued if non-attendance to the course is > than 2 hours less than the course schedule.
Lunch is not included in course fees.
CBIA Cancellation Policy:
- Thank you for understanding that due to Covid-19, course participants need to be adaptable and prepared for the
possibility of last-minute changes. Short notice course cancellation may be unavoidable. Participant costs
associated with cancellation of travel and accommodation are the responsibility of the course participant.
Precautions may vary dependent upon PHO orders and college recommendations at the time of the course.
- For information regarding COVID please refer to the current BC CDC guidelines as outlined on the website: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19
- No one may enter the venue if (1) they have Covid-19 symptoms, (2) are Covid-19 positive
- All participants and patients must wear a mask at all times and wash your hands or use hand sanitizer on arrival at the course. Participants are expected to wear an N95 mask.
- Participants must provide proof of COVID vaccination, minimum of 3 doses. Documentation to show proof of this requirement must be provided on the first day of the course, with no exception.
Venue Website: http://www.neuro-ability.caAddress:
- Neuro-Ability is located at 1156 Kingsway between Glen Drive and Inverness Street.
The building is wheelchair accessible from the front door (Kingsway) and the rear door (back alley), however during the course the back door shall be locked, please enter through the front entrance.
- 1156 Kingsway, (Unit 100)
Vancouver, BC V5V 3C8
The “#19 bus” stops very close to our front door.
The “#22 and 25 busses” stop within 3-4 blocks.
- Driving and Parking Information:
- 1) Free parking is available on Kingsway until 3pm. Cars will be towed after 3pm. Access the clinic through the Kingsway ‘front’ door.
2) Off-street free parking is available on the quiet neighbourhood streets.
3) Three (3) free parking stalls for Neuro-Ability are in the back lane (between Glen Dr. and 21st Ave.). Access the clinic through the rear door. Please leave these spaces for our patient volunteers participating on the course
- Note 1: Please use the 3 east spaces (right side when facing the clinic wall). The west parking stall at the rear of the building is only for Chairstuff.
- Note 2: The large roller door is a very active delivery lane for Chairstuff. It can only be used for very temporary drop-off and pick-up.
- Please visit google maps link provided below for more detailed driving directions
- Food in the area – All of the following offer take away
- Bean bahn mi, 1198 Kingsway – Vietnamese subs
- Thu Hien Deli and Sandwich Shop, 1388 Kingsway @ Knight – Vietnamese, recommend their number 1 special Banh Cuon pork rice rolls
- Green Lemongrass, 1086 Kingsway – Vietnamese food (salad rolls, noodles)
- Do Chay, 1392 Kingsway – Vegetarian food
- Sal y Limon Mexican Cuisine, #5, 701 Kingsway @ Fraser – Mexican – short DRIVE
Local park with park benches – Glen Park on Glen Drive between E22nd and E23rd Ave.