- June 20, 2020 - June 24, 2020
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
This is an IBITA certified Advanced Bobath Course offered to Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists in possession of an IBITA recognized Basic Course certificate. In addition to theory, clinical reasoning and practical sessions the Advanced course offers supervised/mentored treatment sessions with patients.
This Advanced Course will explore the link between sensory processing and movement production, specifically postural control responses, locomotion, goal-directed reach and dexterity. This knowledge will enable the clinician to develop their skill of facilitation, a unique aspect of the Bobath clinician’s intervention
15-day Basic IBITA/CBIA/NDTA Bobath course.
June 20 – 24, 2020
Neuro-Ability Rehabilitation Services Directions
June 20 – 21, 2020
Vancouver Community College Directions
June 22 – 24, 2020
All participants must sign a waiver and a manual handling disclosure to participate in the practical components.
Please wear appropriate clothing for undressing during practical sessions,
e.g. shorts, sports bra.
A certificate cannot be issued if non-attendance to the course is > than 2 hours less than the course schedule..
Lunch is not included in course fees. Coffee, tea, and snacks will be provided during breaks.
Venue Website: www.neuro-ability.caAddress:
- Neuro-Ability is located at 1156 Kingsway between Glen Drive and Inverness Street.
The building is wheelchair accessible from the front door (Kingsway) and the rear door (back alley).
- 1156 Kingsway, (Unit 100)
Vancouver, BC V5V 3C8
The “#19 bus” stops very close to our front door.
The “#22 and 25 busses” stop within 3-4 blocks.
- Driving and Parking Information:
- 1) Free parking is available on Kingsway until 3pm. Cars will be towed after 3pm. Access the clinic through the Kingsway ‘front’ door.
2) Off-street free parking is available on the quiet neighbourhood streets.
3) Three (3) free parking stalls for Neuro-Ability are in the back lane (between Glen Dr. and 21st Ave.). Access the clinic through the rear door. Please leave these spaces for our patient volunteers participating on the course
- Note 1: Please use the 3 east spaces (right side when facing the clinic wall). The west parking stall at the rear of the building is only for Chairstuff.
- Note 2: The large roller door is a very active delivery lane for Chairstuff. It can only be used for very temporary drop-off and pick-up.
- Please visit google maps link provided below for more detailed driving directions:
We’ll provide tea/coffee and healthy snacks. You are encouraged to bring your own re-useable drink container please.
You can bring your own lunch or purchase lunch from a range of local eateries a 5-minute walk.