- October 23, 2020 - May 25, 2021
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
This is a clinical course comprising of clinical learning sessions, and a guided self-directed case report. This course utilizes lectures, practical sessions, patient demonstrations and patient treatment sessions to integrate theory and practical knowledge, with respect to the Bobath concept, in the treatment of the patient with neurological dysfunction.
Participants will be instructed in the Bobath Concept with respect to the assessment, treatment and management of adult neurological conditions. The practical application of contemporary research findings will be emphasized to promote “best practice”. Therapists will have the opportunity to work with a variety of clinical diagnoses including, CVA, ABI & iSCI, at various stages of recovery. This course has a practical emphasis to enable therapists the opportunity to develop handling skills.
Module 1 (3 days): Friday 23 October 2020 – Sunday 25 October 2020
Module 2 (4 days): Saturday 21 November – Tuesday 24 November 2020
Module 3 (4 days): Thursday 3 December 2020 – Sunday 6 December 2020
Module 4 (4 days): Saturday 22 May 2021-Tuesday 25 May 2021 (Note May 24 is a STAT)
The course is open to PT’s and OT‘s who have completed the pre-requisites.
For more information, read the complete course description
There is NO PREREQUISITE for the Basic Bobath Course. CBIA 2 or 3-Day Introductory Courses or an NDTA Introductory Course are strongly recommended. Applicants who have completed an Introductory CBIA or NDTA Course must scan their course certificate and email with their application. Out of province participants must scan and email proof of temporary registration in the relevant province within one week of course.
Applicants will be notified by email of their acceptance or rejection. Payment will be returned to unsuccessful candidates.
Neuro-Ability Rehabilitation Services Directions
(Friday 23 October to Sunday 25 October 2020; Saturday 21 November to Sunday 22 November 2020; Saturday 5 December to Sunday 6 December 2020; Saturday 22 May to Monday 24 May 2021)
Vancouver Community College Directions
(Monday 23 November to Tuesday 24 November 2020; Thursday 3 December to Friday 4 December 2020; Tuesday 25 May 2021)
All participants must sign a waiver and a manual handling disclosure to participate in the practical components.
Please wear appropriate clothing for undressing during practical sessions,
e.g. shorts, sports bra.
A certificate cannot be issued if non-attendance to the course is > than 1 day. Also, the successful completion and submission of a self-directed case report is also required.
Lunch is not included in course fees. Coffee, tea and snacks will be provided during breaks.
Venue Website: www.neuro-ability.caAddress:
- Neuro-Ability is located at 1156 Kingsway between Glen Drive and Inverness Street.
The building is wheelchair accessible from the front door (Kingsway) and the rear door (back alley).
- 1156 Kingsway, (Unit 100)
Vancouver, BC V5V 3C8
The “#19 bus” stops very close to our front door.
The “#22 and 25 busses” stop within 3-4 blocks.
- Driving and Parking Information:
- 1) Free parking is available on Kingsway until 3pm. Cars will be towed after 3pm. Access the clinic through the Kingsway ‘front’ door.
2) Off-street free parking is available on the quiet neighbourhood streets.
3) Three (3) free parking stalls for Neuro-Ability are in the back lane (between Glen Dr. and 21st Ave.). Access the clinic through the rear door. Please leave these spaces for our patient volunteers participating on the course
- Note 1: Please use the 3 east spaces (right side when facing the clinic wall). The west parking stall at the rear of the building is only for Chairstuff.
- Note 2: The large roller door is a very active delivery lane for Chairstuff. It can only be used for very temporary drop-off and pick-up.
- Please visit google maps link provided below for more detailed driving directions:
We’ll provide tea/coffee and healthy snacks. You are encouraged to bring your own re-useable drink container please.
You can bring your own lunch or purchase lunch from a range of local eateries a 5-minute walk.